Yoga Nidra for Insomnia
(formerly Sleep Well with Yoga Nidra)
This course will help you experience a calm, restful night's sleep. Yoga nidra, gently and systematically helps induce deep relaxation by reducing the core symptoms of insomnia.
This course is for you if you -
- Struggle to get off to sleep
- Wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep
- Wake up feeling exhausted
- This course will teach you how to relax and fall asleep naturally.
The course is suitable for all levels of experience, including complete beginners. Within the course you will learn about the patterns of sleep and wakefulness, the mechanics of sleep, sleep hygiene and lucid dreaming.
What is included?
The course is divided into six sections, each exploring an aspect of sleep and the therapeutic applications of yoga nidra in relation to that aspect. The sections are:
- Introducing Yoga Nidra
- Patterns of Sleep & Wakefulness
- The Mechanics of Sleep
- Sleep Hygiene
- Using Being Awake
- Lucid Dreaming
Each section contains:
- Written content exploring that aspect of the course
- One or more audio recordings of a yoga nidra practice(s) pertinent to that aspect
- Investigations for you to do into your own sleep habits, along with enquiries for you to reflect upon
- Links to relevant online articles and suggestions for further reading, should you wish to deepen your knowledge of that aspect of the course
In addition, section two contains an audio recording of the lecture, so you can either listen to or read the course (or both!), according to taste
Each section should take about one hour to work through, meaning the course as a whole should take around six hours for you to complete. In addition, two of the sections have a choice of practice, so taken as a whole the course material is eight hours in length.
You also have access to a PDF of the written material, which you can download and print off, if that's what you prefer. And as for the yoga nidra the practices themselves, they are designed to be integrated into everyday (and everynight!) life and so are downloadable.
Study Time: 8 Hours
Have some more questions then see the course FAQ here.